Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ripoff Alert: Eight O'Clock Coffee

Editor's Note: This is a little out of the usual amp realm but we need coffee to fix amps, right?

I was at the grocery this morning shopping as I do every Sunday and I went down the aisle to grab a bag of 8 O'Clock coffee.

The first thing I notice is they're out of the red label stuff so I grab a brown label-the price is always the same.

Then I notice the price is two dollars less.

Then I notice the bag is marked Value Pack, and it is 1 pound 6 ounces instead of  2 pounds 4 ounces.

Doing the math, the net price of the product in the older package is $0.35 per ounce and the net price of the product in the new "Value Pack" is $0.68 per ounce.  Thus, they manage to double the price of the product and call it a value. For whom?

Truth in advertising would be better served if the new Value Pack was marked "Bend Over Pal Pack."

Shame on you,  8 O'Clock. Do you really think we're that stupid?

No comments:

Post a Comment