Saturday, March 17, 2018

When Vintage Was Vintage, Part II

After a thorough recap and some fresh tubes the Peavey Vintage is up to its old tricks-loud and clean.

Power supply capacitors and all the small electrolytics on the board were replaced, as were all the film caps except two tone caps which are pretty low voltage stuff and not excessively overworked.

To get it running and test everything and set the bias all I had in the way of compactrons were a pair of 6K11s which drop in but don't have much gain in the right places. I will have to hunt up a pair of 6C10s or 6AD10s. Also on the shopping list will be a volume control, bass control, and presence control. I may just replace them all if I can find suitable replacement stock.

 I'll post some pics and internals  and an extended commentary as I do not think anyone has written anything about these rarely seen amps.

No comments:

Post a Comment